Saturday 5 November 2011

A New Perspective


Front and Back perspectives.
I painted on both the front and the back of the material (ppsheet) to give the audience a range of views when walking around the painting and to create a range of depths on each side.





Painted from a multi-exposure photograph.
I tried to capture the movement and transparancy of the sitter through the use of paint on the clear plastic sheet.




Front and Back perspectives.
I think the back perspective turned out a lot better in this painting than the front because you can see the marker pen underneith the paint, outlining my original drawing, bringing both drawing and painting together. I also see this being exhibited in a way that the viewer may walk around the painting and visualise it from all directions, bringing a three-dimensional element to my work, in turn marrying drawing, painting and scultpure in one work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment