Tuesday 15 February 2011

A New Year started a little late...

... so after numorous distractions from getting my work started (work experience and the likes) here's a little of what I've been working on...


























Again, playing around with collage to produce interesting, thought provoking and hopefully sometimes humorous images that I can use to produce more in depth paintings and drawings. I've moved away from appropriating only artists work and have also started collecting images out of magazines and newspapers. Thinking of using found objects as well.
From this I am experimenting again with materials and the idea of layering, based on my interest in tattooing.




Using materials such as acetate, tracing paper and different styles of drawing and painting so that the layers aren't always noticable, to create a confusing 3D effect.
For those that love tattooing, recently had a placement with a guy called Kamil Mocet, amazing tats and artwork. Here's his website. http://www.kamiltattoos.com/?p=744

Also had a few days helping set up for David Bray's new show at the StolenSpace art gallery in Brick Lane. Amazing show if anyone is interested... http://www.stolenspace.com/

AND... My new tattoo gun's have just arrived... watch this space for some new artworks using these!

No comments:

Post a Comment